240g of white wheat flour
120g of whole-wheat flour
120g of rye flour
10g of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of salt
125g of Organic Liquid Muscovado Sugar
10g of dry biological yeast
50g of butter
240ml of warm water
Cornmeal to sprinkle
1. In a large bowl, mix the flours, cocoa powder, Organic Liquid Muscovado Sugar and salt.
2. In a measuring jar, dissolve the yeast in warm water.
3. Add the yeast water to the dry ingredients in one go and mix well until everything is incorporated. Finally add the butter in three steps, kneading well with your hands.
4. Knead the dough for about 15 minutes.
5. Shape the dough into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a damp dishtowel (or PVC film) so it does not dry out while fermenting. Let stand for about 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
6. Transfer the dough to a countertop and cut in half with a baker's spatula (or knife). Gently roll the bread on the counter top to give it the oval shape typical of an Australian bread.
7. Sprinkle a large baking sheet with cornmeal and arrange the loaves next to each other, leaving space between them. Cover again with the damp cloth (or PVC film) and let it sit for another 1 hour.
8. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
9. Sprinkle cornmeal on the surface of the breads. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.