Granola Bar with Babassu Oil and Liquid Demerara
590g of rolled oats
125ml of Organic Toasted Babassu Oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
300g Organic Liquid Demerara Sugar
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
150g of chopped almonds or cashews
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Line a 45x33cm tin with aluminum foil and grease with Organic Toasted Babassu Oil.
3. In another baking dish place oatmeal, salt and Organic Toasted Babassu Oil and toast for approximately 30 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Heat the Demerara Organic Liquid Sugar to make it more fluid and add the cinnamon and mix until smooth.
5. Remove oatmeal and Organic Toasted Babassu Oil mixture from oven and place in a bowl; add the warm Organic Liquid Demerara Sugar and the nuts and mix well; reduce the oven temperature to 160ºC.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking sheet prepared with aluminum foil and press well to compact the mixture.
7. Bake until golden and firm in texture by rotating the baking sheet periodically.
8. Remove from oven, allow cooling for 10 minutes, unmolding and carefully cutting to desired size. Let it cool completely and pack.