Strawberry Gelatin Cand
100g of gelatin powder
260g of cold water
520g of refined sugar
430g Organic Liquid Demerara Sugar
190g of water
70g of strawberry puree (or other flavor of your choice)
30ml of lemon juice / citric acid
1. Prepare the forms with cornstarch (or silicone forms) and set aside.
2. Hydrate the gelatin with the first amount of ice water and set aside.
3. Put the remaining water, refined sugar and Organic Liquid Demerara Sugar into a pan. Cook until it reaches 135°C. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool to 115°C.
4. Melt the gelatin in a water bath (or microwave at low power) and add to the hot syrup. Stir until the mixture is homogeneous. Add the strawberry puree and mix well. Add lemon juice and stir until smooth.
5. Pour into the forms prepared with heated dispenser. For starch forms, sprinkle more starch on top. Let harden all night long.
6. Carefully remove the molds and remove excess starch with a brush (in the case of silicone form, pass the candies in the crystal sugar if desired). Pack.